This article will tell you how to request a similarity report as a planner or a grader.
How to request a similarity report as a planner
As the Planner of a test, you can request that similarity reports are generated for all candidate submissions on a test. This is done in the preparation phase, and the reports will be ready for the grader(s).
- When creating a new test, choose Request Similarity report in the test setup under the Security section.
- When the test is finished, the similarity reports will be available to the grader(s) together with the submission.
In the candidate submission, the grader selects the Similarity tab. The percentage of the submission that can be found in other sources are displayed, along with the number of sources. Click View report for further information.
For those of you who Ouriginal as the provider - the following links are resources to help you read and understand the reports:
See also the article Urkund - How to identify plagiarism match in Inspera in Insperas Help Center.
How to request a similarity report as a grader
If the Planner has not requested similarity reports in the preparation phase, no reports will be available when opening the Similarity tab. The grader can click Request report under the Similarity check tab of a candidate's submission, and the report is generated.
To request a similarity report in the grading module is also available for planners.
- It takes approximately 30 minutes to generate a similarity report after a request.
- Only certain question types will be sent to the similarity detection provider; those are Essay questions and File upload questions.
- The accepted file formats for file uploads are determined by the similarity detection provider.
- Short submissions will likely result in an error message (External error) where you expect to find the report. A minimum of 430 characters are required.
- Some customers have an extra layer of security on their account with the provider, and a separate login may be required to view the reports. Please contact the provider to get more details.
- Similarity checks is an administrative task for some, and if that is true for you, we have an additional setting that will hide the reports from the graders. Contact us to get this changed if required.
- Note that this feature requires activation and is subject to a setup fee. A separate agreement with a provider of similarity detection reports (usually Ouriginal, or Turnitin) is required.
This presentation was a part of Inspera Seminar 2020 and tells you about how Urkund works and can be used.