The candidate and question list provides an overview of each candidate and a list of all the questions. By clicking on a candidate in the candidate list, the candidate's question list will be displayed.
Both lists are available for both grader and planner in the workspace Results. In the workspaces Explanations, only the candidate list is displayed.
The images in this article are taken with the grader role, but the contents of the candidate and question list will also be described for the planner.
Table of content
- The candidate list
- The question list
1 The candidate list
The candidate list shows an overview of the candidates who are going to be marked. This list consists of a list menu (1) and an overview of the candidates (2).
The list menu consists of lists that you can filter the candidates by, and the candidate list contains columns that you can sort candidates by.
The lists and columns vary by which workspace you are in.
The candidate list on the workspace Results
In the workspace Results, the list menu (1) consists of two standard lists that allow you to filter the candidates by the following:
- All candidates: shows all of the candidates who have taken the test / are going to be marked.
- Grade not set: shows the candidates who have not been given a grade.
In the candidate overview (2) you can sort the candidates by the following columns:
- ID: Candidate ID (or name if the test is not anonymous).
- Total marks: Shows the total marks given on the test. For automatically marked questions, the total marks will be displayed even before the graders starts the marking. For committees, the total marks that all of the graders have set will be displayed when the marking is shared.
- Your grade (grader only): Displays the grades that you, as a grader, have set. Here, the grader has the opportunity to set a grade directly.
- Grades (planner only): This is the grade(s) set by each individual grader. If there are multiple graders that have set a final grade in private marking, all grades will be shown here.
- Final grade (planner only): Final grade is shown here. Before the graders have confirmed the marking, this column will be empty. It is worth noting that explanation cannot be sent to the candidate until the final grade is available.
The candidate list on the workspaces Explanations
In the list menu (1) in this workspace, the candidates can be filtered by the lists All candidates, Explanation requested, Ready and Sent.
The candidate overview (2) allows you to sort the candidates by the following columns:
- Final grade
- Explanation request: Shows an overview of whether a candidate have requested an explanation or not. If the planner has not enabled administration of Explanations, the status will be Not set.
- Explanation status (grader only): Shows the status of the explanations, Not started, Draft and Sent.
Read more about the workspace Explanations.
Make own lists with own filters
On both the workspaces Results and Explanations, you have the option to change the filters of existing lists and / or create your own lists of custom filters by clicking the Show filter and search icon in the right corner.
Options for candidates
In the candidates list you also have some options at candidate level. You get these options by clicking the button with the three dots next to a candidate or by right-clicking on a candidate.
At candidate level, you have these options:
- Open in: Open the candidate in the workflows
- Explanation overview
- Appeals overview
For more information about the workspaces see Description of standard workspace setup for planners and Description of standard workspace setup for graders.
- Quick view submission: See the candidate's submission question by question.
- View submission in new tab
- Download and print: Print the candidate's submission with the correct answers indicated on the questions.
- View and edit: View and manage the explanation for the selected candidate.
- Request explanation (planner only): This option comes up if administration of explanations is enabled on the test. Request explanations for candidates who have requested an explanation, and Cancel request on candidates where explanations is already requested.
2 The question list
The question list shows an overview of the questions which are going to be marked for the selected candidate in the candidate list. The question list is structured in the same way as the candidate list and consists of a list menu (1) and a question overview (2).
The list menu consists of two lists that you can filter the questions by:
- All questions
- Manually marked: Shows only manually marked questions.
As in the candidate list (see above), you have the possibility to change the filters to existing lists and / or create your own lists with custom filters by clicking the Show filters and search icon in the right corner.
The question overview contains the following columns:
- Number: Shows the question number and allows you to sort questions by numerical order from first to last question, or vice versa.
- Question name: Lets you sort based on question name in alphabetical order from A to Z or vice versa.
- Marks: Shows the marks that have been set on the question. For graders in committees, the marks from all of the graders will be shown when the marking is shared.
- Response: Shows whether the candidate has answered the question or not.
- Marking status: Shows whether the grader has marked the question. For automatically marked questions, it will be automatically calculated as shown as Marked.
- Question type (planner only): The name of the question type.