Automatically marked question.
Question with multiple alternatives and one correct answer.
Multiple Choice is a question type where the candidates will answer the question by selecting one alternative. The alternatives can be plain text, rich text (LaTeX), sound or images.
In the question's edit mode, you can do the following:
1. Replace text with desired question text.
2. Add math (LaTex), files, tables, links, PDF, images and / or audio clips to the question text.
See example of image inserted in question text under 2. Alternatives.
3. Insert more interaction elements by pressing +Insert.
4. Set general options for the question type. Read more about general options for questions.
By clicking on the interaction element gives you the specific options for the question type. The question type Multiple Response has the following specific options:
Write an explanation text for the question. The text will appear in the workspace above the alternatives. "Select one alternative:" is set by default.
Update the alternatives by choosing the type of alternatives, writing text and selecting the correct answer. Select the correct answer by checking the left side of the alternative. Green circle = correct answer.
Several alternatives can be added by pressing Add alternative. If you want to remove an alternative, click the cross in the corner next to the alternative.
(1) Choose between four type of alternatives: Text (plain text), LaTeX, images and sound. The different types cannot be combined in one and the same interaction element.
- Plain text can be formatted by clicking on Rich text, available under each alternative. LaTeX is also accepted as input when you press the Sigma button.
- Images as alternatives will automatically be scaled to a width of 150 pixels, but can be manually resized.
- Sound is added by pressing Add sound file (mp3). Complete the alternative by adding text.
(2) Layout of alternatives: Choose between vertical or horizontal layout for the alternatives. Vertical layout is standard. Horizontal layout will look like this:
Under Options you can set upper and lower mark limits, as well as choose how the order of the alternatives should be displayed to the candidates.
- Lower and upper mark limit: Can be set for each interaction element. The value here will override the mark settings set for the whole question. Read more about this in the article on advanced scoring.
Predefined feedback per alternative (requires activation)
This question type supports predefined feedback per alternative that will be visible to the candidates along with their access to their answers after the submission. This can be set by the Planner.
The option to write feedback can be found under Alternatives in the specific options for the question. Click on Feedback under an alternative to write a feedback.
Read more about predefined feedback per alternative.