This is available for Planners.
Inspera Exam Portal (IEP) is Inspera Assessment's lockdown browser solution. When enabling IEP, you create a closed testing environment for candidates to take their exams digitally.
- Candidate options
- Security options
- How to enable Inspera Exam Portal
When creating a sign-in option for candidates, you can pick one of the following options:
It is not possible to choose a combination of the two sign-ins per test, or across separate tests. Sign-in options are currently determined at the configuration level rather than at the test level, and sign-in options cannot be combined at this moment.
When Safe Exam Browser for PC and Mac is enabled, you will need to set the following passwords:
- Invigilator password: The Invigilator password has no restrictions.
- SEB password: The SEB password, also known to candidates as the SEB Pin, must be 6-8 characters. It must contain at least one letter and number. Other language characters than English are not supported, only printable ASCII characters.
A Security Policy determines how strict the lockdown outcome is for candidates, and how the monitoring outcome behaves in the lockdown browser (IEP). You can choose between four different Security Policies:
To learn more about each Security Policy and how it interacts with monitoring and the lockdown browser, go to the Security Policies page.
Allow candidates to change wifi
This is a useful option if there are several wifi networks at your location. If the candidate loses connection to a wifi network, they can switch to another wifi without leaving IEP.
Note that because of different limitations on MacOS and Windows, they can behave differently depending on whether the candidates use IEP on Mac or on a Windows computer.
- Mac: The candidate can change freely between all available wifi networks.
- Windows: The wifi network must be known to the computer, meaning that the candidate must have been connected to it before. Only known wifi networks will appear in the network list within SEB.
Using screen readers throughout the test is made possible by enabling Assistive Technologies. The candidates' choice of screen reader programs during the test is unrestricted by IEP.
The option to Enable Assistive Technologies is only available in the Moderate Security Policy. Assistive technologies are ignored in Open, None, and Strict Security Policies.
How to enable Inspera Exam Portal
1. In the Delivery module, navigate to the Security options.
2. Click Safe Exam Browser for PC and Mac > Advanced options > Enable Inspera Exam Portal.
3. Set your Invigilator Password and SEB Password.
4. Choose a Security Policy. Select the Security Policy drop-down menu for the following options:
5. To enable Assistive Technologies in Moderate, click Enable Assistive Technologies.
If candidates have multiple tests that they need to complete simultaneously, it is recommended that you do not choose the option to Automatically close lockdown browser when test is completed. If candidates have other tests in their dashboard they can access, they'll be able to take those while in IEP.