Available for Grader and Planner
The footer is available on the workflows where you navigate between candidates and / or questions in Marking 2.0.
The footer has three parts:
- Display settings (1)
- Navigation between candidates (2, 3)
- Navigation between questions (4, 5)
Below we will go through these in more detail.
1. Display settings
This can be found all the way to the left of the footer.
- The three dots to the left gives access to help resources.
- The cross in the center is used to turn on and off the full screen mode. In full screen mode, only the marking tool will be visible, and it will cover the entire screen. To return, click at the same location:
- The frame to the right hides all the menus in the marking tool. That is, the header and the sidebar, but the footer will still be available. Click the same button again to return to the menus.
2. Navigation between candidates
- By clicking on all All candidates (2) you will be presented with a menu where you can choose to show candidates that have been flagged or candidates where the marking is incomplete.
Automatic navigation is not enabled by default, but it may be appropriate to enable it for the grader. By selecting Marks instead of Disabled, the system will automatically navigate to the next candidate when the current one has received marks on all questions.
- Click on the candidate ID (3) to jump directly to another optional candidate.
- Finally, by clicking on the arrows in the red frame, you will move one candidate back or forth.
Navigation between candidates - randomization
When the author enables randomization / pulling questions in the question sets, the navigation between candidates action will act slightly differently. The footer commands remain the same, but when navigating between candidates, you will be automatically defaulted to the first question. This is to avoid any confusion, as some candidates may not have the same questions if the option to pull random questions is enabled in question sets.
An exclamation mark and an explanation will appear in the footer letting you know that this feature is activated.
3. Navigation between questions
Navigation between question works exactly as the navigation between candidates.
- Clicking All questions (4) brings up a menu where you can choose to display automatically marked questions, or manually marked. For the grader, this filtering can be useful in tests with a combination of manually and automatically marked questions.
Automatic navigation is not enabled by default, but it may be appropriate to enable it for the grader. By selecting Marks instead of Disabled, the system will automatically navigate to the next question when marks have been set for the current question.
- Click on the question number (5) to jump directly to another optional question.
- Finally, by clicking on the arrows in the red frame, you can go one question back or forth.