This article describes how to manage an active test. Note that not all options are available for tests that are created from an external system or by our APIs.
Activating a test is the last step in the test creation process (Create an Inspera Assessment Test, Create a demo test and Create a FS test). When a test is activated, it becomes visible to the candidates on the candidate dashboard, and it will automatically be open at the set start time. The test will remain active until the set end time is reached.
To manage an active test, open the Deliver module and select the test.
- Test overview
- Deactivating the test
- Access monitor from the active test
When opening the test, you see the test overview. The test details and the candidates' progress is displayed directly, the test options are hidden.
The first information that you see is the test details. Here you can see details such as (1) the test start and end time, (2) see and download the candidate login details, (3) which question set that is used, (4) added contributors on the test, and test information (when set).
The actions available in this section are as follows:
1) Change the test end time by clicking Modify under the set end time.
- Example use: the fire alarm is ringing and all candidates have to leave the building for one hour. Postpone the standard end time by one hour.
2) If one-time users or permanent users are used, a PDF with candidate login info can be downloaded and the URL for candidate login is available in the active test. If the test requires Safe Exam Browser, the information will include the SEB password required to open the test.
- Example use: the login information should be given to the candidates before the test starts.
3) and 5) Preview the questions the candidates are answering. Click Preview under Question Set or the eye icon to view the questions as they appear to the candidates in Inspera Assessment.
- Example use: Candidates reports an error in one of the questions. Preview the question set to check.
4) See and / or add contributors to the test. Read more about adding contributors to test.
6) Add invigilator instructions. If you have already added invigilator instructions you will find it here. Read more about add invigilator instructions.
Below the test details you will find an overview of the candidates and their progress.
The candidate section gives a good overview of the candidates that updates live during the test.
Click View all to open the complete candidate list in a new tab. By clicking this, you will get to the Monitor module.
Planners and Chief Invigilator can take several actions for the individual candidates by hovering the mouse pointer over a candidate and click More next to the relevant candidate. Select multiple candidates to take actions for multiple candidates at once. Which actions are available depends on the candidate status. Read more about Candidate actions in Monitor and Columns in Monitor.
The options are automatically hidden. Click Show/hide details to view.
Under each setting group, example General settings, you have the possibility to change some options.
The options that cannot be changed on the overall level once the test is activated are "greyed out", and not editable. Settings like spell checker and exempt candidates from lockdown browser (SEB) can, however, be changed for individual candidates from the candidate list in the Monitor module.
Graders can request plagiarism report for individual candidates after the test is completed. This is available in the Grading tool.
The options that can be changed after a test is activated are:
- Enable auto submission (home exam)
- ID Check
- Allow student post-submission review
- Enable results page
- Show final grade on student dashboard
- Share comments and correct answers with candidate
- Can be changed from Not shared to Shared with candidate, or vice versa.
- Setting mark and grades
- Individual marks and grades
- Require graders to align marks
- Shared marks and grades
- Individual marks and grades
- Confirmation of own grades
- Allow completing own grades by committee
- Require own grades to be confirmed across all committees
- Confirmation of final grades
- All graders must confirm
- One grader can confirm
- Enable administration of explanations
- Request explanations of all grades
- Allow graders to send explanations directly to candidates
- Set deadline for explanation
Deactivating the test
If you need to make last minute adjustment, you can deactivate the test before the first candidate has opened the test. By deactivating the test, candidates will no longer be able to access it. Remember to re-activate the test when you have made your changes.
Access Monitor from the Active Test
To monitor the candidates on this test, either open the candidate list as described under candidates or click the spinning wheel in the top right corner. Both will open the Monitor tool in a new tab displaying only the candidates on this test, and allowing you take to the actions listed in candidate actions in Monitor.