Automatic evaluation. The question is answered by writing text into a pre defined box in an image.
Graphic gap text is a question type in which text is written in a number of pre defined boxes in an image. Drag items can be images/text/Rich text or math. The drop area is written as a text.
Graphic gap match questions are evaluated automatically. The score for correct or incorrect answers is to be set collectively for the entire question.
- Background: Add a background image and set the width. Pre defined width is 800.
Options for this question type:
- Click on the white box to edit the correct answer. Write the correct answer in the menu to the right. Add more correct answers by selecting Add correct answer.
- Add new boxes by clicking outside the picture and +insert.
- Case sensitive: when enabled, the automatic scoring mechanism will only score the answer as correct if it matches the solution perfectly. Example: solution is "Hugo". "hugo" will not be scored as correct if the option is enabled.
- Ignore whitespace: when enabled, this option will remove the whitespace characters (" ") from the student's answer before comparing to the solution.
Restrict number of characters to input width: This sets the max allowed candidate input to the same length as the input width. A warning will show if input length is shorter than length of correct answer. The question cannot be saved unless this is corrected.
- Expected length (characters): This sets the width of the specified box, pre defined is 20 characters.