This is available for Planners and Graders.
A Similarity report helps to identify whether or not a candidate's submission contains duplicate content. Inspera has multiple similarity check providers that you can use in your tests. In this article, we will cover the providers Ouriginal, previously called Urkund, and TurnItIn.
For those of you who use Ouriginal as the provider, the following links are resources to help you read and understand the reports:
For more information on how to use Ouriginal within Inspera, visit the Help Center article Similarity reports - Ouriginal.
For those of you who use TurnItIn as the provider, the following links are resources to help you read and understand the reports:
For more information on how to use TurnItIn within Inspera, visit the Help Center articles:
- Classic marking: Similarity reports - TurnItIn
- Marking 2.0: Similarity reports - TurnItIn (Marking 2.0)
- Mac users: if prevent cross-site tracking in Safari is enabled, the error message "missing URL to report" appears and the report is not visible. This feature needs to be disabled in order to view similarity reports in Safari.
- It takes approximately 30 minutes to generate a similarity report after a request.
- Only certain question types will be sent to the similarity detection provider; those are Essay questions and File upload questions.
- The accepted file formats for file uploads are determined by the similarity detection provider.
- Some customers have an extra layer of security on their account with the provider, and a separate login may be required to view the reports. Please contact the provider to get more details.
- Similarity checks are an administrative task for some, and if that is true for you, we have an additional setting that will hide the reports from the graders. Contact us to get this changed if required.
- Note that this feature requires activation and is subject to a setup fee. A separate agreement with a provider of similarity detection reports (usually Ouriginal, or Turnitin) is required.