The Chat module is designed for support staff to quickly sort, filter, and answer any chats across the entire system. This applies to both pre-login students and chats from students during tests. With the Chat module, you have access to all chats including ones from candidates pre-login.
To access the Chat module, the user needs the Chat Manager role enabled. To learn more about the Chat Manager role, click here.
Filter and search
You can easily filter and search for information within the Chat module by using the Filter chats menu and search field.
Filter chats menu
- To sort by date, click on the Started date drop-down menu.
- To sort by Follow up, Support status, and Candidates, click on the relevant action boxes.
- To hide the Filter chats menu, click Hide.
Filter chats menu categories:
- Started date:
- Show all
- Last 7 days
- Last 30 days
- Follow up:
- Awaiting reply
- Replied by you
- Replied by others
- Is Online
- Test (Coming soon)
We only allow searching for the following information in the beta version of Chat search:
- Candidate ID
- Student name
- Test name
To search for information within the candidate chat list, select the search field above the chats.
- New - When a new chat is started by a candidate, the status of this chat is New.
- Open - When a chat is answered by support staff, the status of the chat becomes Open.
- Closed - When the issue is solved, or when the question from the candidate is answered, the chat can manually be closed by the support staff. The Closed test status will be visible for both support staff and candidates within the chat.
- If the candidate needs additional support after closing the chat, they can open the session again by sending a message through the chat.
Chat data storage
According to GDPR, Inspera should not store personal data for a longer time than necessary. Therefore, chats will be deleted completely from Inspera 90 days after the chat was initiated (if not associated with a test), and after grading (if associated with a test). This may be configured per account. Please contact the Inspera Service desk for more information.
Export chat data
From the options menu on top of a chat, and in the chat list, you can export chat data as a CSV file. This can be useful if, for example, you need to store the data for specific chats longer than Inspera does, or if you want to add this to a support ticket in another system you use for support. For now, it is only possible to export one chat at a time.