This is available for planners and students.
Table of contents:
Spell check as you type (SCAYT) will be available for planners to enable in the test settings. This only works for essay type questions.
- Instant Spelling-as-you-type and In-a-dialog proofreading
- Checks spelling in 30+ languages
- Official compliance with WCAG 2.1
- Language auto-detection
- Regular dictionary updates ensure spell checks are always up-to-date
Enable spell check as you type
In the Test settings, navigate to Exam Day.
- Click Enable Spell Checker.
- Clicking Enable Spell Checker will automatically Enable spell check as you type.
Preview how this will look for students by clicking Next and previewing your essay question type in the Design page.
Candidate spell checker menu
- Click (1) the Disable icon to disable spellchecker.
- Click (2) the Settings icon to view Language and Ignore options
- Click (3) the Proofread in dialog to view suggestions or ignore changes.
- View (4) Suggestions found.
Candidate spell checker settings
Click the Settings icon to adjust the following settings:
- Language - Auto Detect will automatically detect the language inputted by the candidate. English is detected as American English unless otherwise specified by the institution.
- Or, click the pulldown to select from a list of languages.
- Ignore options
- All caps words - CAPS
- Domain names - domain.com
- Mixed case - Ctrl+
- Words with numbers - h20