This article will provide information about settings and configurations that can be taken in use to process Home Exams in a better way.
Planners are the users who have access to the delivery module, normally working in administration with responsibility for setting up tests.
Following configurations can be useful to consider enabling (if not already done):
- Allow uploads to finish after end time: this will allow files to be completely uploaded even if end time has passed. The upload must, however, be initiated before end time has passed.
- Enable template usage: The purpose of templates is to speed up the test creation workflow. By using templates, new tests can be created with a few clicks. Once created, tests created from templates behave like any other test in Inspera Assessment.
- Similarity reports: If the organization has an Ouriginal licence, this can be integrated with Inspera. The reports will assist in revealing potential cheating.
We recommend that all planners read the article about available configurations and evaluate if these are beneficial for your organisation.
- If you use SEB for Home exams, please be informed about the following fallback procedures if a candidate accidentally exits a test:
Useful test settings for home exams:
- Set a duration on tests: this setting could be used to limit the test time and may reduce cheating possibilities
- Share comments and correct answers with the candidate: The commenting tool allows markers to post annotations and general comments (Page Notes), to students, co-markers and as draft comments. This allows the grader to communicate feedback to the candidates to help them get better.
Authors are responsible for the content of a test (questions) and have access to the author module in Inspera Assessment. The following text is related to settings that the Authors of questions and question sets can set.
- Predefined feedback per question and per alternative: this allows students to get quick and standardised feedback instantly after submitting a test.
- Randomise order of questions within a section (requires activation): this functionality raises a barrier to make it harder for dishonest test takers to copy answers in order during a test.
- Pull questions in a section (requires activation): that pulls a specific number of questions randomly from a section.
5 tips to improve home exams
This presentation was a part of the Inspera Seminar 2020 and gives you tips and tricks of what to think about when creating home exams.