The Inspera Assessment kiosk app is supported on managed Chromebooks.
Changes in Google's support model means that Inspera Assessment lockdown browser cannot be installed on unmanaged devices from 2017 or later.
Administered Chromebooks (recommended)
- Log into the Admin console for your organisation
- Click on Device management
- Open Chrome management
- Click on Device Settings
- Choose the organisation that will have the Inspera Assessment kiosk application installed
- Scroll down to Kiosk Settings and click on Manage Kiosk Applications
- Enter this URL:
Use this ID: jpaaknbngjmabmjefmfpglmpkllcidbg
The users in the chosen organisation should get access to the application within one hour. If it takes longer, it might help to restart the device.
For more details: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/1375678#kiosk
Verify that you can run kiosk applications
Regular Chromebooks require kiosk mode available to install kiosk applications
Verify that kiosk mode is available:
- Open Chrome on your Chromebook
- Open chrome://extensions
- Open Developer mode
- If there is a button called "Manage Kiosk applications" you can continue to install the Inspera Assessment kiosk application
If this button is not there, you have to reset your Chromebook to factory settings.
Follow the instructions at https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/183084 to reset the Chromebook
Make kiosk mode available:
- After reset, choose Language and Wi-Fi
- BEFORE you log in with username and password - make kiosk mode available by pressing CTRL-ALT-K
- Log in, open Chrome and install the kiosk application
- Install the application from
Make Inspera Assessment available as a kiosk application:
- Go to chrome://extensions
- Enter developer mode
Click on "Manage kiosk applications" (Note: this is only available for the first user to log on to the device after factory reset)
- Paste in the url https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/inspera-assessment-lockdo/jpaaknbngjmabmjefmfpglmpkllcidbg
- To use the application - log out and start the application from "Apps" next to "Shutdown"
Read more here: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/3134673