Automatically marked question.
The question is answered by writing text into a pre defined box in an image.
Graphic Text Entry is a question type where text is typed into a number of predefined text boxes placed on an image. The question is created by uploading an image as a background, and putting on text box(es) which the candidates will respond into.
In the question's edit mode, you can do the following:
1. Replace text with desired question text.
2. Add math (LaTex), files, tables, links, PDF, images and / or audio clips to the question text.
3. Insert more interaction elements (text boxes) by clicking +Insert. The text boxes can be moved to the desired area by click and drag.
4. Set general options for the question type. All of these options, except Background, are available for all question types. Read more about general options for questions.
- Marks: See Question scoring - Basic and Question scoring - Advanced.
- Background: Upload the background image to the question by pressing Upload image. The predefined width is 800, but can be changed manually.
By clicking on the interaction element gives you the specific options for the question type.
1. Correct answers
Click the text box to update the correct answer. Add more correct answers to the interaction element by selecting Add correct answer+. To remove a correct answer, press the cross to the right of the answer.
Example: In the question below, it could be that the candidates can have both "DNA" and "DNA threads" as an answer. Both answers have been added as correct ones to prevent a candidate from getting the wrong answer if, for example, they write "DNA" and not "DNA threads".
At the bottom of the menu for specific options, you can delete the selected interaction element. Press Remove text field if this is desired.
- Case sensitive: when enabled, the automatic scoring mechanism will only score the answer as correct if it matches the solution perfectly. Example: The solution is "DNA". "dna" will not be scored as correct if the option is enabled.
- Ignore whitespace: when enabled, this option will remove the whitespace characters (" ") from the candidates' answer before comparing to the solution. Example: If the candidate writes "D N A", this will be scored as a correct answer.
- Restrict number of characters to input width: This sets the max allowed candidate input to the same length as the input width. A warning will show if input length is shorter than the length of the correct answer. The question cannot be saved unless this is corrected.
- Expected length (characters): This sets the width of the specified text box, pre defined is 20 characters.
3. External identifier
For information on external identifier, read general options for questions.