Automatically marked question.
The question is answered by dragging and dropping text, images, rich text or math into a text.
Inline Gap Match is a question type where a number of drag elements (tokens) are to be dragged over to predefined drop areas (gaps) in a text. The drag elements can be plain text, images or rich text and math (LaTeX). The question is answered by the candidates dragging the elements to selected drop areas in the text.
In the question's edit mode, you can do the following:
1. Replace text with desired question text.
2. Add math (LaTex), files, tables, links, PDF, images and / or audio clips to the question text.
3. Insert more interaction elements (gaps) by pressing +Insert. For more details, see Add gaps and tokens.
4. Set general options for the question type. Read more about general options for questions.
- Marks: See Question scoring - Basic and Question scoring - Advanced.
1. Setup: Selection of type of drag element (token) and size for tokens and gaps.
- Token type: Choose from plain text, rich text and math, or images. In the example above, images are selected. It is not possible to mix types.
Token size: Choose between Auto-size to largest token or Individual size..
- Auto-size to largest token: All the tokens will be the same size.
- Individual size: Different size on the tokens. The size is depending on how many letters / how many math symbols or digits, or how big the image is.
2. Prompt: Write an explanation text for the question. The text will appear in the workspace above the tokens.
3. Distractors: Allows you to add incorrect answers - distractors. For each wrong answer you add, a new drag element (token) box appears. Thus, this element will not have a match in the text.
Note: When creating a distractor, the identifier needs to be a string otherwise it will create a validation error.
4. Options: Choose how the answer alternatives (tokens) are placed, sorted, and reused.
- Position of tokens: Choose from the interaction header (default), interaction footer and pin right. This is where the tokens shows up in the question at start.
- Order of alternatives: Choose from random (default), ascending by identifier or ascending by alternatives. You can rename the identifier in the Gap Setup.
- Reuse of alternatives: Choose whether to allow the candidate to use answer alternatives again, or not. "Not allowed" is set by default.
5. External identifier: For information on external identifier, read general options for questions.
By clicking on one of the gap identifiers (drop areas) in the background image, you will enter the setup for the individual gap identifier.
1. Gap: Change the name (ID) of the field identifier (gap). Remove the gap by clicking the Trash Can button.
2. Correct answers: Make changes such as changing the width and set correct answers to the gaps. The way of putting the correct answer depends on the type you have selected in the Main Setup: text, rich text and math, or images.
- Plain text: Enter the correct answer in the bottom text box. The answer may also contain digits.
- Rich text and math: Click Edit rich text under the bottom text box to enter rich text. A text editor will pop up. To write math (LaTeX) press the Sigma button located on the toolbar in the text editor.
- Image: To upload an image locally from your device, click Upload image.
Correct answer can be removed by pressing the Trash Can icon.
Add gaps and tokens
1. Click in the question's edit mode (where you entered the question text) and select +Insert to add a gap (drop area).
2. Move the gap (drop area) to desired loaction on the background.
3. Press Add correct answer to add a token (drag element).
4. Add text, rich text, math or image, depending on the gap type have you selected, to the token.