This article will tell you how to request a plagiarism report as a planner or a grader.
How to request a plagiarism report as a planner
As the Planner of a test, you can request that plagiarism reports are generated for all candidate submissions on a test. This is done in the preparation phase, and the reports will be ready for the grader(s).
- When creating a new test, choose Request Anti Plagiarism reports in the test setup under the Security section.
- When the test is finished, the plagiarism reports will be available to the grader(s) together with the submission.
In the candidate submission, the grader selects the Plagiarism tab. The percentage of the submission that can be found in other sources are displayed, along with the number of sources. Click View report for further information.
For those of you who Urkund as the provider - the following links are resources to help you read and understand the reports:
See also the article Urkund - How to identify plagiarism match in Inspera in Insperas Help Center.
How to request a plagiarism report as a grader
If the Planner has not requested plagiarism reports in the preparation phase, no reports will be available when opening the plagiarism tab. The grader can click Request report under the Plagiarism tab of a candidate's submission, and the report is generated.
To request a plagiarism report in the grading module is also available for planners.
- It takes approximately 30 minutes to generate a plagiarism report after a request.
- Only certain question types will be sent to the anti plagiarism provider; those are Essay questions and File upload questions.
- The accepted file formats for file uploads are determined by the anti plagiarism provider.
- Short submissions will likely result in an error message (External error) where you expect to find the report. A minimum of 430 characters are required.
- Some customers have an extra layer of security on their account with the provider, and a separate login may be required to view the reports. Please contact the provider to get more details.
- Plagiarism checks is an administrative task for some, and if that is true for you, we have an additional setting that will hide the reports from the graders. Contact us to get this changed if required.
- Note that this feature requires activation and is subject to a setup fee. A separate agreement with a provider of anti plagiarism reports (usually Urkund, or Turnitin) is required.