Available for Authors
Duplicate a Question Set or a Question is useful if you want to re-use questions from the item bank. Every part of the question is duplicated - question text, images, PDF attachments, scoring rules and alternatives. After the copy is made, changes that are applied to the copy will not affect the original.
For security reasons, this action will be stored in the log for future reference.
When you copy a question set it will be named the same as the original one but with “Copy of” as a prefix. This also applies to questions, whether they are copied as part of a question set, or on their own.
A copy of a question will not be shared automatically but it is private to you.
- Go to Author and select Question Sets or Questions.
- Find the question or question set you want to copy in the list and click Duplicate
- The following message will show up. Read carefully and click Continue
The copied question or question set will be available in the list along with other questions and question sets.
What happens when you edit questions in a copied question set?
A copied question set has no connection to the original one, because the questions themselves are also copied. The following is an example that simplifies what happens when a question set is copied.
- You have a question set named "A" that contains two questions named "BB" and "CCC".
- You make a copy of question set "A".
- A new question set will be created, and automatically named "Copy of A".
- In addition, the questions in "A" will be copied, and these will automatically be named "Copy of BB" and "Copy of CCC".
The question sets "A" and "Copy of A" are now independent of each other.
- If the questions "BB" or "CCC" are edited directly through the question bank, you will get a notification that they are changed when you open question set "A". The new copies are not affected by this.
- If the questions "Copy of BB" or "Copy of CCC" are edited directly through the question bank, you will get a notification that they are changed when you open question set " Copy of A", and the orginal question set and questions are not affected.