Manually marked question.
Question type that allows candidates to solve math problems using the web-based GeoGebra tool.
GeoGebra is a question type where the interactive content is created in the web-based GeoGebra tool. The question is created by uploading a GeoGebra file with the layouts that you want the candidates to answer the question in. The question text itself can be written like any other question types.
GeoGebra consists of several different modules where you can create interactive content in mathematics:
- Graphic calculator
- CAS (Computer Algebra System)
- 3D Graphics
In the question's edit mode, you can do the following:
1. Replace text with desired question text.
2. Add math (LaTex), files, tables, links, PDF, images and / or audio clips to the question text.
3. Set general options for the question type. Read more about general options for questions.
- Marks: See Question scoring - Basic.
Clicking on the interaction element gives you the specific options for the question type.
Write an explanation text for the question. The text will appear in the workspace. "GeoGebra instruction" is set by default.
2. GeoGebra data
To use GeoGebra as a question type in Inspera Assessment, you must upload a GeoGebra file (ggb. file). The file that you upload must be stored locally on your device. This allows you, among other things, to decide which layouts the candidates have access to.
Press Upload ggb file+ to upload the GeoGebra file which you have created.
The example above shows what a GeoGebra question looks like when you have written question text and uploaded a ggb file. To see how the question will look like for the candidates, click on the eye icon in the upper right corner.
You can read more about using GeoGebra as a question type in the Quick guide: How to use GeoGebra in Inspera Assessment.
Interaction height: Change the height of the interaction element. The default is 600p (recommended height). In case the height needs to be increased, it is recommended to preview and test the question to ensure a good candidate experience.
4. External identifier
For information on external identifier, read general options for questions.
Some tips to get started with GeoGebra
- There exists a lot of shared GeoGebra material on the internet. Download content from https://www.geogebra.org/materials/ and try it out.
- Hide all the modules that are not relevant for the candidates before you save and export your content. You can also select which tools appear on the toolbar in the layouts by selecting "Tools" -> "Customize Toolbar". See also How to remove the image button in GeoGebra, to minimise risk in lockdown tests.
- Make sure all relevant information is visible on the candidates' screen (this can be dependent on the candidates' display resolution). Do this by previewing the question before setting up a test.
- Test the questions thoroughly. We recommend you arrange a demo test before you arrange a real test / exam.