Inspera Assessment supports using sections in Question Sets and offers a variety of settings for sections.
A section is defined as a group of questions within a question set.
- General options for sections
- Section Layout
- Randomize and pull questions
General options for sections
The general options in a section include the following:
- Edit name of the section
- Delete Section
- The questions are not deleted in this operation, they are just removed from the question set and can be re-added later
- Drag and drop to move the section within the question set
In the section layout, you can decide how the question set is displayed for candidates. The default layout is one question per page. You can also add a section stimulus, a one-page/text area that will appear to the left or at the top for each question in the section.
To enable section layout, click layout.
The section layout options include the following:
- Basic layout: One page per question
- Basic layout: With left stimulus
- Vertical layout: All questions on one page
- Vertical layout: With left stimulus
- Vertical layout: With top stimulus
The left stimulus for basic and vertical layouts can be resized by the author. The size is reflected in percentage. The author can also allow candidates to resize the stimulus. These settings can be verified in preview.
You can randomize the order of questions in a question set.
There are three main randomizations and pull options:
- No Randomization or pull: Display your questions in the order they appear in the question set. (Default setting)
- Randomize the order of all questions: Present all of the questions in the section in random order.
- Pull __ of total questions: Specify the number of choices (out of the total) to have randomly displayed in the test (9 of 20, 3 of 7, etc.).
- Require candidates to select maximum _ of _ questions from this section: With Candidate-selected questions, allow candidates to select which test questions they want to respond to. Learn more
The settings for this can be found in the section tools:
Randomize order of questions within a section
Sometimes you may want the questions in a section to be presented in a random order to the candidates.
There are no limitations to the type of questions, and this option is always available.
Pull questions in a section
Inspera Assessment offers an option to pull a given number of questions from the section. The prerequisite for this is that all questions in the section have the same maximum marks. The option will not be available unless this requirement is met.
If you choose to pull 15 of 30 questions in a section, the candidates will be presented with 15 random questions from the 30 available. This makes it more probable that candidates won't get the same questions on a test, or that they won't get the questions in a specific order.