Inspera Assessment supports using sections in Question Sets and offers a variety of settings for sections.
A section is defined as a group of questions within a Question Set.
- General options for sections
- Section Layout
- Randomize and pull questions
General options for sections
The general options in a section include the following:
- Edit name of the section
- The questions are not deleted in this operation; they are removed from the Question Set and can be re-added later
- Drag and drop to move the section within the Question Set
Section Layout can be used to alter how the Question Set is displayed for candidates. The default layout is one question per page. Optionally, section stimulus can be added, a one-page/text area that will appear to the left or at the top for each question in the section.
- To enable Section Layout, click on Layout.
- The Section Layout options include the following:
- Basic layout: One page per question
- Basic layout: With left stimulus
- Vertical layout: All questions on one page
- Vertical layout: With left stimulus
- Vertical layout: With top stimulus
Basic with left stimulus, Vertical layout All questions on one page and Vertical layout with top stimulus can be resized by the Author. The size is reflected in percentage. The Author can also allow candidates to resize the stimulus. These settings can be verified in preview.
Randomize and pull questions
The following randomizations and question pulling options are available:
- No Randomization, pull or selection from section: Display questions in the order they appear in the Question Set (default setting)
- Randomize order of questions: Present all of the questions in the section in random order.
Pull __ of __ total questions: Specify the number of choices (out of the total) to have randomly displayed in the test (9 of 20, 3 of 7, etc.)
- Note: This option is only available if the total marks of the questions in the section have the same maximum marks. Refer to Pull questions in a section for more information.
Allow candidates to select _ of _ questions from this section: Allow candidates to select which questions they want to respond to. For more information, refer to the Candidate-selected questions article.
Pull questions in a section
Inspera Assessment offers an option to pull a given number of questions from the section. However, all questions in the section must have the same maximum marks otherwise this option will not be available.
If you choose to pull 15 of 30 questions in a section, the candidates will be presented with 15 random questions from the 30 available. This ensures that candidates are unlikely to receive the same questions on a test, or that they will not receive the questions in a specific order.