Web pages, websites, and documents can be accessed securely and easily during closed-book exams with Additional Resources. The same resources are also available for candidates exempted from lockdown browsers during exams. A network filter checks requests so that candidates are not able to navigate away from the page specified. All links, except links to subpages, are blocked.
Additional Resources are supported by the following browsers:
- Inspera Exam Portal
- SEB 2.2 and newer for Windows
- SEB 2.1 and newer for macOS
- Inspera Lockdown for Chrome OS
- General browsers listed in System requirements.
Set up additional resources directly in the Question Set
Although there is no upper restriction on the number of resources, we suggest keeping it to no more than 10 per question set for the best candidate experience.
- Click Show/Hide resources.
- Click Add resource.
- Added resources are displayed in the lower left corner.
PDF as a resource
To make a PDF available across the whole test, and not just as an attachment to a single question, you can add it as a resource to the question set.
- Click Show resources
- Click Add resource > PDF.
Click Browse and find the PDF you want to add. You can also give the resource a name.
Preview the question set to see what the candidate will see. When the candidate clicks on the resource link, the chosen PDF will open in a separate window.
URL as a resource
To make a web page available across the whole test you can add it as a resource to the question set.
- Click Show resources
- Click Add resource > URL.
Add the URL to the resource you want to make available for the candidates. You can also give the resource a name.
Custom root URL: This can be added if you want the candidates to have access to all child pages of the specified URL.
Preview the question set to see what the candidate will see. When the candidate clicks on the resource link, the added resource will open.
- Links to PDFs on external sites should be avoided, please download the PDF and add it as a PDF resource.
- We recommend testing of allowed URLs in tests before the exam starts.
- URL resources that guide candidates to a page with videos do not work with Macs.
- In Inspera Exam Portal: Additional resources are listed in a footer below the navigation bar. This allows the candidate to switch between the test and the additional resources.
- In open browsers: Additional resources are opened in new tabs, and the candidate can switch between tabs normally.