Available for planner and chief invigilator.
This functionality can be used, for example, when the candidate has paper-based hand drawings that are scanned and delivered together with the ordinary digital answer, or if the candidate for other reasons wishes to switch to paper during a test.
If the candidate submits his answer outside Inspera, the function can be used to make the file available to the grader.
Table of contents:
Note: Adding a file to an answer will always mean that the candidate's status will be set to Submitted. This means that the candidate must finish their ordinary digital answer BEFORE adding a file.
Maximum file size is 50 MB.
When is it possible to add a file?
- The test must have started for the selection to be available.
- The option to attach a file is also available after the test is completed.
- It is always possible to attach a file to candidates who have the status Submitted.
When is it not possible to attach a file?
- When the test is finished grading.
- In active (ongoing) tests, it is not possible to attach a file to candidates who have started the test, but have not yet submitted.
How to attach a file
1. In the candidate list in the test tool, or in Monitor, find the candidate and select Attach file, from the action menu:
2. If the candidate does not have the status submitted, a warning will appear stating that the candidate's status will change to Submitted when the file is uploaded. Click Continue:
3. Select file locally from your computer:
4. You will now receive a confirmation that the file has been added to the candidate's answer:
5. In the candidate list you will see that the file has been added to the candidate. The candidate will also receive the status Submitted.
Remove or edit attachments
When is it not possible to remove / edit attachments?
- Once the grading of the candidate has started. The grading starts when the grader sets the first point or grade manually.
- If the attachment needs to be changed, the examiner must reset all points / grades before the attachment can be removed.
How to remove/edit attachments
1. In the candidate list in the test tool, or in Monitor, find the candidate and select Edit attachment, from the action menu:
2. Whether the attachment is to be removed or replaced, you start by removing existing attachments:
3. To upload a new attachment, continue in the same dialog box as described in point 3 of the first part of the article.
Note: When the attachment is removed, the candidate's delivery status is reset to the way it was before the attachment was added.
Display for grader
In the new assessment tool, any attachments will be marked with a pink one-number. PDF attachments are displayed directly in the tool, while other file types are downloaded and opened in a suitable program.
In the old grading tool, the attachment is in a yellow box on the right side, directly above the field for private notes. The attachment does not appear directly in the tool, but must be downloaded and opened in a suitable program.