Inspera Chat will need to be activated per customer if the functionality is desired. Before implementing Inspera Chat within your organization, it is recommended that you have the resources available to answer students' inquiries through the chat, as this service is not provided through Inspera Assessment.
Customers can decide where they want to use the chat: pre-login, dashboard, and/or during the test. Furthermore, they can also decide if they want to use it with or without Inspera Exam Portal.
What is Inspera Chat?
Inspera Chat is a two-way communication tool before and during tests.
Remote exams in particular make it difficult for students to receive support when they have trouble logging in, or questions during a test. With Inspera Chat, students will be able to contact invigilators within Inspera Assessment.
Inspera Chat highlights:
- Tailor your account to offer support where it matters to your students: Login page, IEP Launcher, Dashboard, and during tests
- Configure chat on an individual test basis: Allow chat during the test from the test settings
- New Chat Manager role
- New Chat Manager tool
- Resolution status per chat: New, Open and Closed
- Students can start a new chat
- Invigilators can start a new chat (coming later)
- New chat field, action, and filter in Monitor (coming later)
Planners: Enables chat in the test settings for a specific test
Chat Manager: Has access to the Chat manager tool
Invigilator / Chief invigilator: Has access to chat in the Monitor module (coming later)
Students: The candidate currently taking (or attempting to take) an assessment
Current limitations with Inspera chat
- Only available in English for now
- Chat not available from Monitor yet, meaning only users with the Chat Manager role can answer chats. Chat managers can read ALL chats.